MQ2BardSwap - Items Deleted

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Requests' started by maoyenog, Jan 20, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maoyenog

maoyenog Orc Pawn

I am not sure if this is the right place for this post. I ran into an issue using MQ2BardSwap and I am hoping anyone might be able to provide some insight or have any ideas on how to recover lost items.

I have been using mq2bardswap, which uses your cursor to stage instruments being swapped out when the next song requiring the different instrument is executed. I keep my instruments in a tink bag and it swaps from there. I kicked off a twist and the first two songs use percussion, and the third uses strings. I kicked this twist off and then a few seconds later, picked up that bag to move it to a different inventory slot right as it was trying to swap the drum from offhand to the mandolin, which was in the bag i was moving (occupying my cursor at that point). I heard the bag shuffle sound and then got two lines of the same message.

"illegal use of inaccessible bag slot"
    "illegal use of inaccessible bag slot"

Then my bag and instruments were gone. I had available inventory slots so I would have thought it would have auto-inventoried the bag or items it was swapping. One of the items was no trade so it couldn't have dropped the bag to the ground (i looked around anyway). I checked all my bags and nothing. I clicked all of my inventory hoping it could have been hidden on the cursor and maybe I could trigger it back somehow. I even tried echoing the cursor but it came back null. I tried camping and coming back in. I even rebooted my pc and relaunched MQ thinking it could be buggy, but nothing.

When a bag is on the cursor, do the slots become inaccessible? Is there a limit to item stacking on the cursor? If either of the two are illegal operations, shouldn't that make the plugin stop? Or kick the items off the cursor and back into inventory? I didnt think it would default to deleting the items in conflict or that were involved in the event.

As far as recovery of items goes, I only really cared about two drums. The other things i could probably replace pretty easily. Any and all help is welcome.

2. eonEQemu

eonEQemu Froglok Krup Watcher

"When a bag is on the cursor, do the slots become inaccessible?"
    Can you access them when they are in the cursor in regular EQ. No.

"Is there a limit to item stacking on the cursor?"
    I'm not sure what the limit is but I believe so.

"If either of the two are illegal operations, shouldn't that make the plugin stop?"
    depends on how the plugin is written.

"Or kick the items off the cursor and back into inventory?"
    depends on how the plugin is written. It sounds like it does not. I'm not sure how the items become deleted, but I have heard that bandoleer usage has similar problems with full inventory.

As far as replacing items I think the GMs really only replace epics but don't quote me. What drums did you lose? Need help replacing them?

3. maoyenog

maoyenog Orc Pawn

Thanks for the reply. I think you are right. It really depends on how the plugin is written. I wonder if reaching out to whoever maintains it and offering up info would help as far as the scenario i ran into goes. Maybe there could be some enhancements to handle those exceptions a little different. I appreciate the offer to help. :) I lost the BoT drum and the Tympan from Barindu but i can probably get them again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.