MQ2EQBC: did not receive expected ping from server, pinging...

Discussion in 'General MQ2' started by neverrain, May 15, 2019.

1. neverrain

neverrain Orc Centurion

I have been seeing this error more and more recently and I would love to get to the root of why it's happening. Does MQ2 contain any error logs that I might enable? Barbatos and I have attempted to troubleshoot this with no luck. Some items we have tried:

Bumping priority to High+
    Ensuring current version
    Firewall (unlikely as it works fine for a bit, then I hit this)

When this happens, with 42 boxes open, it's literally faster for me to reboot and relog than it is to shut down.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. neverrain

neverrain Orc Centurion

This is starting to become a daily problem for me. Is there any logging I can enable to look for errors that might be causing this? Anyone know?

3. neverrain

neverrain Orc Centurion

I have what appears to be 3 instances of eqbcs in my windows firewall. I enabled the one that was unchecked and made sure they had full access to both public and private. Time will tell again...

4. Drogerin

Drogerin GM Staff Member

I’ve only ever had this happen when my connection went unstable but I also have everything approved through firewall settings

5. Merstin

Merstin Orc Centurion

I just came back recently and experienced this many times a day. I had downloaded a fresh mq2 and e3 when I started to experience this. I grabbed the eqbcs.exe from my live MMOBUGS folder and problem went away. Something is up with the current build of nq2 or the server.