New MQ2 Plugin for Approval (IniReplace)

Discussion in 'General MQ2' started by Ilirith, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Ilirith

Ilirith Orc Pawn

Greetings.

I've made a simple plugin for MQ2 that i'd like to have approved for use on PEQ.
    It is entirely harmless as it have no interaction with EverQuest itself, it is just an improvement to the existing /ini command in MQ2.
    The reason for this, is that if i want to write a mix of both parsed data as well as unparsed data to an ini file, that is simply not posssible with the built-in /ini command.
    As it either parses everything (even repeteadly nested variables within variables), or it parses nothing if called with /noparse.
    So for my use-case of being able to dynamically add entries to MQ2HUD.ini, it was not doable.

What my plugin does, is that it just takes a couple additional parameters which is
    Search,
    Replace,
    Like this:

That will allow for the variables in that command to be parsed by MQ2, and upon writing to the ini file, it will replace all instances of ^ with a $, therefor writing valid MQ2 data, that wouldn't have been parsed prematurely.

Where the regular /ini from MQ2 is like this:
    Which would parse everything, including the variables in the {entryCharInGroup} variable too.

This is all it does, and all it ever will need too do.

It is compatible with the MQ2 build supplied for PEQ.

Source attached below.

I am working on a macro that takes advantage of this, which i will make as an e3 addon that should be easy to throw in with existing e3 installations.
    It will be able to when called, create a new (or update an existing) section in your MQ2HUD.ini file, with entries to show an overview of all your online bots (aka. those that are running with NetBots), at either specified X/Y coordinates, or at cursor position when initially called.
    I will add more options as to what kind of information to show, as well as only for current group, only for raid, or specific bots, and what else i might think of at that time.

Thanks in advance,
    Ilirith

(Main: Reili)

Attached Files:

2. Kilz

Kilz Administrator Staff Member

Approved