NEWS: Epic Quest Status: 1.0, 1.5, 2.0

Discussion in 'News' started by cream, Jun 30, 2016.

By cream on Jun 30, 2016 at 8:43 PM
  1. cream

cream GM Staff Member

• You must complete the 1.5 to start the 2.0
    • For 1.5 you MUST do first hail series with your epic 1.0 on you (or prequest completed)
    • In general it is very ill advised to skip parts, even hails, or go out of order unless the quest is specifically designed to be non-linear
    • "Triggered" mobs require you to enter the zone. I.e leave/camp etc if you have sat for 2 hours+ (standard 1.5 "lockout" for mobs)
    Post any bugs in the appropriate forum. Database bugs for loot/npc, Quest bugs for errors in quest logic

All 1.0, 1.5 and 2.0 are available

1.5 Prequest:
    • BER
    • BRD - Available
    • BST - Available
    • CLR - Available
    • DRU - Available
    • ENC - Available
    • MAG - Available
    • MNK - Available
    • NEC - Available
    • PAL - Available
    • RNG - Available
    • ROG
    • SHD - Available
    • SHM - Available
    • WAR - Available
    • WIZ - Available

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by cream, Jun 30, 2016.

1. kiladiveus
      kiladiveus
      Re: Epic 1.5 Initial Release

Thank you thank you.. appreciate your hard work!
    2. dcm787l
      dcm787l

Awesome! Thank you sir!
    3. apollo
      apollo

Now that sir, is good stuff - real good lookin' on the quest work man. Your efforts are without a doubt appreciated on this end!

Excellent strides being made.
    4. Jubi
      Jubi

Thanks, Creamo! Very exciting.
    5. dae50904
      dae50904

Saw the details on necro 1.5. Wanted to say I completed it it earlier in the week with zero problems if anyone is thinking of doing it. This is so awesome :D
    6. joligario
      joligario

That's good to know, especially since I wrote that about 5 years ago... Thanks for the update!
    7. cream
      cream

rogue 1.5 is now available. brace yourself for prolonged pain
    8. Reapurr414SK
      Reapurr414SK

Is SK 1.5 in yet?
    9. dae50904
      dae50904

Not yet Reapurr
    10. Loeil
      Loeil

Cream, i have a question about rogue 1.5.

I would like to know if there is a special code that make Culthor the gatekeeper spawn if he is not up.
      I didnt see any special spawn for this mob except the 4 days timer spawn.

I read some stuff about its the few items that need to be collected in zone are to make culthor spawn for rogue...but they dont really talk about that in epic description they just say it need to be collected.
      But in comments of people someone say that if named is already up we dont need to collect them.

So, just wanted to be sure to plan my things correctly for my 3 rogues :)

Thx much
    11. cream
      cream

yes he can be triggered via turnin, the imp is your buddy
    12. apollo
      apollo

Saw someone runnin around with a Wizard 1.5, are those in now as well?

Didn't see any updates to this post, and wondering if perhaps there are others in addition?
    13. Loeil
      Loeil

Its always possible someone got it longtime ago when it was buyable with bug points ...but i hope its because its now available ;)
    14. Kenbien
      Kenbien

After mucho issues with the event in Scarlet Desert Wiz 1.5 is in. It has taken a month to find a satisfactory work around to a quest bug, but if anyone has any issues let me know. The workaround/deviation whatever you want to call it should be obvious when you reach that point.

As always, order is important so do it in order. Zam isn't perfect but it's pretty close. You'd be wise to read the quest messages as you go through it :D.

And to ease your pain, no others have been added to my knowledge. I haven't decided which one I'm going to write next. Creamo is out of town but he'll edit his post when he gets back.
    15. apollo
      apollo

Good to know! Muchos gracias, amigo!
    16. cream
      cream

monk available
    17. apollo
      apollo

I struggled while tackling this Scarlet Desert "workaround" myself, as the key phrase indicated on zam does nothing when speaking to him.
      Finally got it to work by saying "gems" (plural, but the Zam quest post says something to the effect of "I have come for your gem")
      I tried saying this phrase, as well as just "gem" (since after all, you are only after one gem for the quest portion here)

Perhaps it's a not as big a deal as it was for me, but it took me nearly 2 hours before someone in /ooc who had done the quest told me to just say "gems", and then it worked.

Any way this could be changed so that one *doesn't* need to pluralize the word in order to get him to spawn? Might make things go smoother for others who are working on it. Otherwise, the workaround worked great, thanks very much for the work you put into it.
    18. Kenbien
      Kenbien

The quest text from Talwyn I thought gave good clues as to which word to say. Unless someone objects I can change it to respond to "gem" in addition to "gems".
    19. apollo
      apollo

A fair enough point that was lost on me. I shamefully admit that I attempted this quest by simply following a step by step guide rather than carefully reading each blurb of text (apart from a quick glance to ensure that I was indeed progressing as intended here on PEQ). The vanilla-era player in me is disgusted by this.

Like I said, perhaps not a huge deal, just thought it was worth a share. Sorry if I'm mistaken in that. (Though, as the devil's advocate as well, the line of text required to *trigger* the line which you are referencing is 'What fluxing gem' - not fluxing gems)

/shrug =D