Noob install

Discussion in 'General' started by Mrwillymo, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Mrwillymo

Mrwillymo Orc Pawn

Im so excited i found this server. My dumb self cant get it working though. Gonna try again friday when i have more time. Looking forward to playing with you all!

sincerely,
    Either a wizard, enchanter, or bard most likely.

2. eonEQemu

eonEQemu Froglok Krup Watcher

Setup
    Zone Fix/Patch
    FAQ

Those links should help with Most, hopefully, all of any setup issues. If you've gone through all those and still have trouble, you can ask for help in discord or here.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mrwillymo

Mrwillymo Orc Pawn

Thanks. Ill check them out in a bit. Im not sure yet where i messed up when i was attempting to the other day. So it should be a fast try im sure. Already have this acct and 1 eqemu act set and linked. Just gotta get it where the game will open. If i recall, it was some "VL(insertmorelettershere) missing" Error when i tried to open the game.

4. Mrwillymo

Mrwillymo Orc Pawn

Yep. Same error as before. Looks like it may be unrelated to eq though. Looking into how to fix it.

Vcruntime140.dll is missing

5. Uleat

Uleat Orc Warlord

6. Mrwillymo

Mrwillymo Orc Pawn

Sadly im on windows 8. When i manually install that one, i get a different one. After about 5-6 .dll installed it gave a weird noreturn error.
    Rebooted pc, it went back to the first runtime one.

trial #2, did a system refresh, and reinstalled the whole package. Went to open the game, and got the runtime error again.

7. Uleat

Uleat Orc Warlord

8. Mrwillymo

Mrwillymo Orc Pawn

Honestly im considering just formatting my harddrive to try.

9. Mrwillymo

Mrwillymo Orc Pawn

Finally got it working(so far)! Thanks for all the help. The very last link is what has appeared thus far to fixed my issue.