Plane of Fear idea

Discussion in 'General' started by mmm0407, Jan 18, 2024.

1. mmm0407

mmm0407 Orc Pawn

Hello,

I did a quick search to see if this was posted before but didn’t find anything, apologies if it’s been addressed previously.

Easily the most contested spawns on PEQ are fear golems, to obtain AoN for insta-click skel illusion. This helps with creating uniform army character size, better stacking and overall smoother boxing experience. They are perma-camped and very difficult to obtain as open-world-only spawns.

Being that this is simply a quality-of-life upgrade and really offers no advantage to winning raid boss encounters, could I propose that Plane of Fear be instanced? And if not possible, could a custom quest for skeleton illusion clicky be considered? Or an ultra-rare global drop chance?

I do understand the ultimate goal is to be as close to in-era as possible, but this unique addition would be a selling point to potentially attract more players or reduce player attrition.

Thanks for your time and effort,

Sevo

2. clippy

clippy A Griffin

> This helps with creating uniform army character size, better stacking and overall smoother boxing experience

IMO get the halfling clickies from halloween instead and save yourself a couple of years camping.

3. Paulbrochill

Paulbrochill Orc Pawn

I don't disagree with Sevo's post, I think AOC's for fear would be a positive for the server. We have alot of bigger bot armies roaming about that are constantly farming for it and it has become a bottleneck for a few. Bandy does make a great recommendation, but I would think the go to is AON's.

4. clippy

clippy A Griffin

Thanks Paul. I just want to clarify that I also do not disagree with Sevo's point. I was just trying to offer an option. Also, halfings come with free shrink :)

5. eonEQemu

eonEQemu Froglok Krup Watcher

There was a Halloween quest for Bone Mask of Horror that had a Skeleton illusion that was introduced in Oct 2005 on live. Hoping that since DoN is 2005 release maybe we get that next Halloween? Even though it was added after DoD release.

6. Brandon Adam Childers

Brandon Adam Childers Orc Pawn

Yes it makes it nearly impossible to get the epic pieces needed, TAKP has rotations, Project Quaram has Rotations why cant this server?

7. Ladrone

Ladrone Orc Pawn

If you need epic loot from the fear golems all you have to do is ask in OOC. I think instance is great idea, then everyone can farm AONs, because you know it's not about the epic 1.o loot really... when the pre-quests can be done in a fraction of the time and the no one wields the 1.o who require fear golem loot. I'm in favor of whatever keeps the players happy, LMK if you need something from the golems for an epic and I can let you know when I killed them last.

8. Bologna_Jones

Bologna_Jones Orc Pawn

HEY GUYS!!!

Allow us to reset zones with platinum. Gives us a use for the stuff.

9. Brandon Adam Childers

Brandon Adam Childers Orc Pawn

or maybe I would like some of the gear that drops there for my toons? its not all about the epics, but most of my toons dont have gear I get veerry unlucky with defiant drops

10. Ladrone

Ladrone Orc Pawn

Defiant doesn't drop anymore, the class specific loot still does though in the plane of fear and those mobs are pretty much always up.

11. Ladrone

Ladrone Orc Pawn

Tiny Bone Bracelet is available in Vex Thal, another option for those that want skeletons.