Potential new player. Questions before i decide...

Discussion in 'General' started by Johnathon, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Johnathon

Johnathon Orc Pawn

I skimmed through the server rules. Lengthy as they are when it came down to 3rd party applications i didnt see Isboxer listed as a yay/nay. I have the non altered copy of Mq2 with just the basics. However, i always struggled with the alt/tab function to navigate through boxes. So i started using Isboxer in conjunction with Mq2. Only thing Isboxer did was allow me to assign hotkeys to each toon window. Negating the need for the random alt/tab. All broadcasting was off and no key repeat etc was enabled. It purely was nothing more then just a way for me to manage toon hoping more efficiently. Id appreciate some feed back on this. As im sorta at a loss if the programs permitted or not. Seeing i use it in a way thats not traditional of its use by most i cant get a feel if it even falls into that "Grey Area"

2. huffin

huffin GM Staff Member

Most people who don’t use our version of mq2 are suspended

3. Johnathon

Johnathon Orc Pawn

I understand your delicate rules regarding Mq2. But again nothing is said about Isboxer.

4. Johnathon

Johnathon Orc Pawn

Playing the game with mq2 is fine. I just add Isboxer to the game play so i can use the ability to assign windows hotkeys so im not spending a retarded amount of time trying to find a specific toon to give an item to or have loot. Is boxer on my system has NO other function. All key broadcasting is turned of no key repeaters nothing. It is 100% used for nothing but giving each account window an assigned Hotkey so i dont have to use the barbaric Alt/Tab method

5. Johnathon

Johnathon Orc Pawn

But if i cant use that here. No problem.... Other emus i can. I just wana clarify if i can use this set up here or not

6. Hive

Hive Froglok Krup Watcher

I use Hotkeynet. It's really easy and does what you want.

7. tackleberry

tackleberry Orc Pawn

isboxer is manual key entry / broadcasting its 100% fine

MQ is significantly better

the time investment required to kill anything in this era will be your issue however : )

8. microscope

microscope Orc Legionnaire

Isboxer is ok just be careful with using more than the basic MQ2, and even that you should probably double check against their rules. Most people use e3 which is the sanctioned version of MQ2 for this server.

If you want to use more than the basic MQ2, you can consider just setting up your own server. It is easy to do and you can then play with any rules you want. You don't get to talk to people like you can in PEQ but the upside is that you can use any rules you want, and nobody will ever be in your way if you want to do something and there is already a bunch of people there.