Problem with CycleNextWindow

Discussion in 'General MQ2' started by Tharsis, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Tharsis

Tharsis Orc Legionnaire

Hi all, I'm having a problem with the CycleNextTarget setting found in MacroQuest.ini.

Here are my settings:
    Code:
    # setting BossMode=0 disables it.
    BossMode=0
    # setting CycleNextWindow=0 disables it.
    CycleNextWindow=0
    # setting CyclePrevWindow=0 disables it.
    CyclePrevWindow=0

If I have MQ2 + a single instance of EQ open, the ` key (same key as ~) functions normally in EQ and in Windows. However, if I have MQ2 + multiple instances of EQ open, the ` no longer functions in EQ nor in Windows - it has been remapped to Alt + Tab functionality. The ~ still functions normally.

I wish to disable these settings in order to use those keys for playing EQ.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

2. Coreidan

Coreidan Orc Pawn

Are you certain those entries are in the correct ini file? Just double check by opening the INI file via the running MQ2 task. Lower right hand corner of the screen are your running tasks, just right click the MQ2 icon.

upload_2021-1-28_13-56-50.png

If this is set right then I am surprised. I don't know of any other location where this is managed.

3. Tharsis

Tharsis Orc Legionnaire

Thanks for the reply.

No ini file is opened when using that command.. err clicking there.

Profiles -> Open Ini file opens a blank file. Notepad++ reports the file as c:\windows\system32\MQ2Autologin.ini. No such file exists on the file system and I can't "Save As..."

I'm certain I'm editing the correct MacroQuest.ini file because its the same one I use to add alias' or enable/disable plugins or test whether FilterFood=1 will turn off the "Your are hungry" messages. (It does.)

4. Tharsis

Tharsis Orc Legionnaire

Update: This issue is now solved. Thanks Coreidan.

The short version... I was starting MQ2 by using a batch file calling Windows Task Scheduler to launch MQ2 utilizing "Run with Highest Privileges." Turns out this isn't exactly the same as run as administrator. If I run MQ2 manually (right click and select run as administrator then accept the annoying UAC...) these keybinds work. Rather, disabling the keybinds work.

Now I have to figure out a new way to launch MQ2 from a batch file without first having to accept a UAC.

Then I have to figure out what else changed in MQ2....

Also, two of my characters just displayed the E3 upgrade/update messages. I get to find out why...

5. Coreidan

Coreidan Orc Pawn

6. Glitter

Glitter Orc Pawn

Okay so I discovered why its happening. There are 2 files for MacroQuest.ini. The 2nd file is called MacroQuest_default.ini, I believe if you dont run MQ2 as admin it defaults to the default.
    The default version had bossmode and cyclenextwindow=` enabled where as the MacroQuest.ini had them both set to 0 (off).

I set it to 0 and saved and it works fine without having to run in admin mode.

7. hudge

hudge Orc Centurion

I tried this fix, I have edited both MQ.ini and MQ_default.ini and it's still alt tabbing, although mine is alt tabbing on tilda key and reverse alt tabbing on shift tilda. Any ideas ?

8. Tharsis

Tharsis Orc Legionnaire

My fix was to run MQ2 as administrator. Using a batch file to run MQ2 didn't properly assert the admin mode.

9. hudge

hudge Orc Centurion

Yeah but if I have to start loading things manually it kinda defeats the purpose of the batch file. There should be a fix for this.

10. Tharsis

Tharsis Orc Legionnaire

Did you run the batch file as admin?

11. hudge

hudge Orc Centurion

That I haven't done. I'll give that a try next time I load up the troop