RULES: Plane of Knowledge AFK CHECK.

Discussion in 'General' started by Drogerin, Apr 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drogerin

Drogerin GM Staff Member

Akkadius is working on making guildhalls permanent so that they will stay open indefinitely to help out with players who wish to use them more reliably. Right now I believe they're 24 hours and then they shut down and this can become problematic and dangerous for people who camp out or go linkdead inside them, even though you can simply move your character, it can become a hassle to move 54 characters. This will hopefully be a feature soon, but it will take some time.

As for the new rule, Plane of knowledge is no longer a hub where you may AFK.

For those of you that wish to ask the questions:

"Can I afk with 1"
    "Well what is an army"
    "Can I afk with 6"
    "Can I afk with 12"

To resolve this issue we're booting everyone on a clock. Period the end, because we've been asking for months not to, and people still don't listen. If you find yourself booted as a solo player, you're welcome to go back to plane of knowledge, but you being in POK talking semi afk is no different than you being in your guildhall talking semi afk.

POK is now to be used for its intended purposes, to allow players to travel to different zones in a timely manner.

This is impeding gameplay on people who are trying to run to guildhall, guilld lobby, bank, or up to top of library, and porting in from other locations and finding they cannot move because the zone is full of armies just sitting there doing absolutely nothing.

We don't need 400 people in plane of knowledge, not everyone needs to be a buff bot for new players, there are plenty of zones that you can AFK in with your army and people can come to you for buffs, stop using plane of knowledge.

Eventually, once the guildhall is permanent and stable from our end, we will implement a script that will kick all players who are AFK in plane of knowledge after a **Reasonable** amount of time, **Reasonable** amount of time has been determined to be **20** minutes

Players who will try to macro around it, don't. We will have detection available and we will be watching. This will result in a softban to start if found using a macro to bypass the AFK check in POK, this will apply to the public spell macro that was released as well, use the macro elsewhere, and NOT in a players direct path to play the game.

With the server not rebooting we are finding a ton of newer players joining and looking to start up boxing of their own.

I will leave this unlocked, If you wish to comment on where your army box will be AFK'ing so that new players may find you for buffs you are welcome to do so, If plane of tranquility becomes the new plane of knowledge you can bet we'll do the same thing, so please choose wisely, same thing with guild lobby.

PEQ TEAM.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. chance

chance Enraged War Boar

"this will apply to the public spell macro that was released as well, use the macro elsewhere"
    If this is the Trainer macro i wrote
    As released it WILL NOT work in POK. It would require someone intentionally changing it in order to work in POK.

I put this into the script to help keep lag out of POK

3. Igoberzerker

Igoberzerker Orc Pawn

Would it be ideal for me to find my own zone to afk in, or simply just to log out when I'm not playing?

I leave my guys afk all the time, but i dont want to negatively impact the other players!

-Think Fast

4. Drogerin

Drogerin GM Staff Member

My main hope for this is this:

If you need to afk for lunch or check on the kiddo, or just do something quickly around house that you know isnt going to take several hours,

Find a zone that doesnt impede gameplay that isnt,( POTranq/Nexus/Bazaar/Guildlobby/PoKnowledge/ )/who if that zone has less than 100 players in it with you combined, then i would say you're First come first AFK in that sense that you're gonna be gone for just a bit of time to eat/what not, however if you're going to be out shopping/bar hopping/partying all night we'd recommend you just log, there will be other people to cover your buffage.

When zones hit 300+ they become unplayable for everyone involved.

• Like Like x 2
  5. huffin

huffin GM Staff Member

Yea afking any large amount of toons in any zone other than PoK PoTranq guild lobby bazaar would help people who are trying to utilize the services those zones offer

6. mrelephant

mrelephant Orc Pawn

Praise be the gods thank you for this. Why people choose to AFK their armies inside a high-trafficked, already-laggy zone has forever confused me. I've always dreaded running through pok to get somewhere and always chosen an alternative route if possible just to avoid the lag. 100% approve.

7. Hive

Hive Froglok Krup Watcher

Good changes.

I started AFKing my 36 in Nexus a while back because of PoK crashes. It usually was empty, fast loading, port in, PoK adjacent.

8. Gromz

Gromz Orc Pawn

This is good news as I have had lots of problems moving my army through PoK because there are just so many people there.

9. chance

chance Enraged War Boar

Follow up: I've had NO issues with lag in POK after this was implemented.

10. Casai

Casai Orc Legionnaire

whats a good zone where I can bind to do trade skills
    I usually need my bots for this due to bank space

11. Drogerin

Drogerin GM Staff Member

You can do tradeskills in abysmal sea if you want another hub to do them just about everything in pok is sold in abysmal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.