Screen selection

Discussion in 'General MQ2' started by Ellyeni, Feb 1, 2022.

1. Ellyeni

Ellyeni Orc Warlord

Hi

I apologise if this question has already been asked [​IMG] I am playing on PEQ and would like to know how people select the screen of the 8th (for example ) character in a boxing group of 12? alt+tab is fine but a bit cumbersome when playing multiple characters.

Is there a hotkey or a keyboard shortcut that is quick and easy? I used to have a Logitech G keyboard and used that along with WinEQ/ISboxer to change screens, i no longer use that keyboard..

Thanks in advance for any or all responses.

2. slith

slith Orc Pawn

I normally use my mouse, I use various automated scripts to send messages to heal, or attack etc.. so I don't need to use a specific char except when I'm not in a rush anyways.

3. Skream

Skream Orc Legionnaire

If you are using e3 (this is the e3 testing server) then you never need to swap off your leader (usually the tank) apart from looting on bots.

This is why the guidance for best performance for bots has them with very minimal settings and blank screens.

If you are using Windows 10 then you can mouse to the stack on the taskbar, click on it and it will pull them all up and you can select by name if you have launched with a script that does a rename. For example, I have a bat that launches each bot (this needs e3 + mq2autologin) like so

Code:
    tasklist /nh /fi "WINDOWTITLE eq Binkapal"         | find /i "eqgame.exe" > nul ||(start "Binkapal"             /d "C:\Everquest_RoF2" "C:\Everquest_RoF2\eqgame.exe" patchme /Login:xxxxx)  && (timeout /t 8)

Which makes it so that each of the launched Everquest windows has a name that is the character's name.

Examples of all this are in the e3 download and on these forums.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
  4. Ellyeni

Ellyeni Orc Warlord

Thanks guys :)