Shared Tasks Testing (Dragons of Norrath)

Discussion in 'General' started by Akkadius, Aug 27, 2021.

1. Akkadius

Akkadius Administrator Staff Member

We need testers!

After about 6+ months of rigorous development, Shared Tasks is ready which is a key component of Dragons of Norrath content and subsequently Depths of Darkhallow

One of the big components of Shared Tasks under the hood is Dynamic Zones which are also heavily related to expeditions - for this reason we need to go through heavily testing Expeditions again to make sure no existing functionality was broke with Expeditions in our efforts to decouple Dynamic Zones from Expeditions so that they can also serve Shared Tasks

Phase 1 of Testing

Test Expeditions end to end thoroughly

Phase 2 of Testing

Test some sample Shared Tasks in Dragons of Norrath

Phase 1 is currently live on the PEQ Sandbox server. Feel free to login via the ProjectEQ Loginserver and test any Expedition to validate that everything works as expected. Try to break the system and look for things out of place

Once we feel that Phase 1 went well, we will go forth with staging Phase 2 for folks to run through

Let me know if anyone has any questions and let me know if you are game and interested!

Akk

Related threads
    Shared Tasks Development Demos

Shared Tasks Development Branch

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/pull/1451

Shared Tasks Design Doc

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lGbAMLCt4ZcOxah6jG_M7D66JR2Z-F0hwCbB80X8yUU/edit#

Last edited: Aug 27, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Rasek

Rasek Orc Centurion

Started Prison Break LDoN Raid, zoned in and /dzquit on all, went back re-requested same raid. Transferred expedition lead with window and logged off leader then transferred lead with command. Finished the raid. I had to reform groups to fix a rog that was getting selo's buff icon but was not getting movement increase after that groups bard had died (I think that is a existing rare group bug).

Went and requested and zoned into vxed, then dzquit, removed players from group, added players to group and requested and completed tipt.

Seems good so far!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
  3. Rasek

Rasek Orc Centurion

Got some wierd stuff going on in Takish LDoN. Traps and flavor text aggro instead of triggerin and scripts not working

flavor in lower guk isn't working either. Seems like the work huffin did recently is not working or something. Exit door clicks in tak and lguk (raids) not working as well. /dz stuff working just fine tho.

When I did the prison break raid this morning I did notice the bosses being able to be pulled separately like it was before the recent changes.

Also tried to get the Takish while still had Anquish and it reported that botNames already belongs to instance as normal.

4. Akkadius

Yeah looks like Sandbox was still on a very old and outdated Plane of Time B testing branch that was 777 commits behind master

Flipped Sandbox over to the master quests branch

5. Akkadius

@hg did all of the legwork to get the Creator Missions replicated from Live so we could have an end to end test

This is now staged on the Sandbox server for anyone that is able to do Phase 2 testing. I ran through it really quickly to make sure all the plumbing worked

Currently all faction requirements are bypassed for the sake of testing and Bianca offers the mission

https://github.com/ProjectEQ/projec...c3520786ac32326f09e1a363c20a6006daf3ca1de5R66

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rasek

Rasek Orc Centurion

Awesome work, thank you so much! <3

Failed on my first attempt, I didn't have the energy stone on cursor when I used the identify clicky and didn't have a int caster to try that with me. Second try I made it all the way through.

Both times thru task stage completed on defunct sentries on first kill when should be 3. First time thru I got jumped by 3 Furious Sentry's. Second time there was one but I seen the debug text same as last time so I knew there was more somewhere, so I hit bard track and there was 5 more. Snooped around with frog (not KoS, but that's common for frog) and found them at opposite side of hallway.

Seems like the task stages are being registered by every toon in group making 1 kill count as 6, and popping 6 furious.

Thanks again for you hard work this is awesome :)

7. Rasek

Rasek Orc Centurion

Found the /task commands and they all work as they should as far as I can tell. Removed SK from task and he got booted from instance after a minute. Tested all the following commands and found them to be working (save for /taskaddplayer but when I did just /task it said I couldnt add anyone at that point so likely works as well.)

/Taskaddplayer /taskaddplayer [name] Adds the given character to your current task.
    /Taskmakeleader /taskmakeleader [name] Allows the task leader to change leadership to the given character.
    /Taskplayerlist /taskplayerlist Lists all players currently in your task.
    /Taskquit /taskquit Quits your current task.
    /Taskremoveplayer /taskremoveplayer [name] Allows the task leader to remove a player from the current task.
    /Tasktimers /tasktimers Lists all current lockout timers from previously completed tasks.