Some characters meditating during combat

Discussion in 'E3' started by Shaakglith, Jul 14, 2023.

1. Shaakglith

Shaakglith Orc Pawn

Hello, I am having a problem where a select few of my characters are meditating during combat: my RNG, SK, and I believe only one of my four WAR are doing this. It's possible the other WARs have done it and I simply haven't noticed it. In the middle of combat, after engaging and swinging on mobs, I will see one of these characters sitting for short periods of time and will seemingly only re-engage permanently when I use /assiston a second or third time. They're just sitting there spamming autoattack, which immediately gets turned off because they're sitting. I am not using anything additional on my /assiston like /Only, /Not, or /Excluding. Automed is turned on and end med break during combat is also turned on, but I literally never see this behavior from a character who I would actually want to meditate during combat, like a healer or a caster.

Lihel mentioned a workaround where I turn automed off, but that creates a bigger headache where I have to command everyone to med constantly. My older characters didn't do this when I had it off, so I would imagine that would fix it, but that's a solution worse than the problem. Is there another fix that results in less annoyance? Since I did so little to the new SK's ini file, I doubt deleting it will really fix anything. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. wingsfan101

wingsfan101 Orc Pawn

I believe what is happening is, endurance goes below the med on mark and the mac checks end and sees it low so sits. then checks mana which is full and stands em back up, then checks end and so on, a toon bouncing up and down during combat.

3. Shaakglith

Shaakglith Orc Pawn

It actually seems to be related to both mana and stamina. On the RNG, he's full endurance but not full mana when he does it. Same for the SK. The WAR is low on endurance but it seems so random when they do it. On one mob, the WAR has virtually no endurance and he'll decide to sit down. Take down that mob and immediately move to the next mob in the group, and he doesn't sit down at all. Endurance still just as low, but he's decided not to sit this time. It's bizarre. The issue with the WAR can be solved by letting him get a bit more endurance between battles, but the only way it seems I can keep the automed on for everyone, is to have the hybrids just not cast spells anymore. I'd really love a better workaround or fix that doesn't involve telling my characters to med constantly.

4. chance

chance Enraged War Boar

e3.mac

Code:
      /if (${Me.CombatState.NotEqual[COMBAT]} && ${Select[${Me.Class.ShortName},CLR,DRU,SHM,WIZ,ENC,NEC,MAG]}>0) {
            /if ((!${Me.Casting.ID} || ${Me.Class.ShortName.Equal[BRD]}) && !${use_TargetAE}) /call completePendingExchange
            /if (!${Me.Moving} && !${Following} && !${Me.Casting.ID}) {
              /if ((${Me.PctMana} < ${autoMedPctMana} && ${Me.MaxMana} > 1) || (${Me.PctEndurance} < ${autoMedPctMana})) {
                /varset medBreak TRUE
              }
            }
          }
          /if (${medBreak}) /call check_MedBreak