Standing in the middle of meming spells.

Discussion in 'General MQ2' started by Zexlos, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Zexlos

Zexlos Orc Pawn

I've encountered this issue that is beyond annoying, sitting there trying to mem spells or learn spells and my toon keeps standing up in the middle of it automatically closes the spell book etc. Everyone keeps telling me it's a macros/e3botini issue. But no one can seem to tell me what I need to change in the ini file. I was hoping someone would know this, every time it happens I want to put my head through my desk lol.

2. mackal

mackal Pyrilen Fireblade

It's e3, just /mqp on while doing stuff you don't want the macro to interrupt. (or /end)

Make sure you /mqp off when you're done. (/mqp being shortcomand for /mqpause)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Zexlos

Zexlos Orc Pawn

Awesome thank you I'll try that.

4. chance

chance Enraged War Boar

If this happens alot .. increase FPS

5. Hive

Hive Froglok Krup Watcher

In you General Settings file..

Close Spellbook Timer (Sec)=30

is the default. You could change it to a much longer time if you'd like. Or you can always completely ignore the spell book (except to scribe) by right clicking your spell gems and choosing that way.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Zexlos

Zexlos Orc Pawn

The /mqp on worked, I've just been toggling it now. Is their a way to turn the spell book timer off ? I don't want it to automatically close lol. Like if I set the timer =0 or something does that turn it right off?

7. mackal

mackal Pyrilen Fireblade

Sometimes the client doesn't close the spell book for some reason. e3 works around that by closing it if it's been opened for awhile while it's not doing anything with it (manually memming spells is e3 not doing anything with it ;) )

8. emir

emir Orc Warlord

You should assign gem to your spells in your ini. My hypothesis of what is happening is your toon mem a spell on gem8 (it's the default gem on e3) and as soon as he stands up to cast X, the macro remembers that it should also be casting Y. Thus, the standing-up loop.

9. chance

chance Enraged War Boar

If you are doing it manually, you're doing it wrong. /mqpause ..
    Do any manual actions ...
    then /mqpause again to resume.

If this is when it is trying to AUTOMATICALLY memorize and cast a spell.

I resolved 99.9% of these issues in 2 ways .

Step #1 Figure what what you're casting from which spell gem.
    and on EVERY spell you're casting in your INI file ... add /Gem|3 ( or whatever spell # to it )
    This will prevent most of the normal used stuff from going to the Default Gem-8.

Cleric Example ...
    ;Gem1 - Best Heal
    ;Gem2 - HP Buff / Self Armor
    ;Gem3 - Mark
    ;Gem4 - Yaulp
    ;Gem5 - Best PBAE Spell
    ;Gem6 - Best HoT
    ;Gem7 - Ress Spell -> After AAs - Group Heal
    ;Gem8 - Tradable Buff slot
    ;Gem9 - DA/DB or Pure Blood if extra cures will be needed in fight

Step #2 Seperate out any spells you have cast on the same gem with /MinMana values. As your mana increases you will cast the lowest mana one first. By putting gaps in the mana values on the spells from the same gem# you're much less likely to be trying to cast on all at the same time.

Note: Prioritize the spells by the order in which you want them cast on your target. Llower the mana allowed to have ... generally this buff will get cast before one with higher MinMana value.

Example:
    Bot Buff=Hand of Virtue/Barbatos/Gem|2/MinMana|80
    Bot Buff=Blessing of Temperance/Scary/Gem|2/MinMana|93

This will cast HOV on the Tank when mana is at 80% ... but will only cast Temp on the New group when my mana is above 93%. Even though this is the same spell gem there is almost zero issue with them trying to cast at the same time.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  10. Zexlos

Zexlos Orc Pawn

That's weird lol I've never used e3 till now, so all this setting stuff to specific spell gems and stuff is new. Been trying to figure it out, I think the issue I'm having is just from the timer like Hive was saying. But I do need to figure this auto buffing and what not out.