until guildhalls become more stable...

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Requests' started by jdestef, Apr 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdestef

jdestef Orc Centurion

... can you add a guild banker to the lobby or POK?

Thanks

2. Drogerin

Drogerin GM Staff Member

what is unstable about the guildhalls? And no, that is custom.

3. apollo

apollo Protector of Zek

I think the instance problem is cropping up again, at least part of it probably has to do with all the open instances of Guild Halls from those PoK dumps. Just speculating though, I recall a quite a while ago this was an issue and too many open instances ended up being the cause. Not sure what was done to correct it but it seemed to just sort itself out one day.

4. Drogerin

Drogerin GM Staff Member

It is possible its an instance cap issue, but I'll say this again. We wouldnt need to POK dump if people would stop AFK'ing in PoK, and this would likely fix the instance cap if that is indeed the reason. So overall, players can fix this issue.

5. apollo

apollo Protector of Zek

Or perhaps more accurately: If people would stop AFK'ing ALL OF THEIR TOONS in PoK.

PoK is something of a hub zone, so I'm not sure where else I'm expected to stand when I just log in to chat or see what's going on before logging in my crew. These 54-box armies AFK all day in PoK though? Yeah...grow up & get a life plz

6. apollo

apollo Protector of Zek

Being in PoK regularly, I can say it's almost always the same crews too. Minor suspensions for people idling entire box crews for hours might do better than just PoK dumps en masse. Just a thought.

7. apollo

apollo Protector of Zek

Copied from the server rules, we may be at a point where AFKing box armies in PoK is tantamount to breaking Rule #5:

Intentionally OR Accidentally...

8. donnylad

donnylad Orc Centurion

This is the reason if I'm ever away more then 1 hour I log all of my toons off apart from one which I chat on or watch for rots! :)

9. Drogerin

Drogerin GM Staff Member

Yes, i should reiterate. I mean afking for an extended period of time in POK with your army. Leaving to go make food, eating lunch, and coming back an hour later, not terrible. Leaving to go to work because you want to set up buff bots for other players, and staying there for 8+ hours. No, that is unacceptable, there are plenty of people on the server to buff new players if they need.

• Like Like x 1
  10. jdestef

jdestef Orc Centurion

At least once every other day the guildhalls become unreachable. I had elemental combines to do last night and couldn't get mats out of the guild bank. Not sure how you aren't aware of this, it happens not uncommonly.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
  11. chance

chance Enraged War Boar

Issue#1: Running out of available instances.
    Comment: Issue wont go away because we stop kicking people to the guild from POK. Just will be less Obvious. Needs to be addressed at some point.

Issue#2: People Idle in POK. Lags out everyone.
    My 1st suggestion, is whats being done. Kick everyone to guild hall was my 1st suggestion. It DOES work to help keep POK from being too laggy. Side effect is that this makes the 1st issue more obvious though. Leave that alone.
    Ask everyone to find another bind spot. Have consequences for not doing so.

My 2nd suggestion, Will be to just to kick everyone out of POK to one of a few random remote hard to run back from zones, making it random so everyone's bots are stuck in random zone and several locations AWAY from each other (Kera Isle/ Nurga / Hollowshade). Intentionally making it suck for them. While only using 2-3 zones. You wont have all your BoT buffs up on everyone. If you've been AFK for an hour, i'm sure your throne is up when you DO come back.
    Result: Would not use as many instances and the people getting the lag would be the ones standing around all day. Suffering from their own fate instead of the server.

My 3rd suggestion, would be to implement the invis-man change the guild lobby already has into pok. AND as Apollo suggested a soft ban. I would do something like a 12hour soft ban after 2 hours of AFK in POK. Script run. Have a shout bot added to pok just to spam the message to anyone in POK Warning them of that until people get the point.
    Reason: To me would QUICKLY curb the AFK in pok while being still light enough on the ban that people who accidentally do it won't suffer too much just be more conscientious about it.

Sidenote: A spare bot will be able to have MORE storage space AND would be easier and faster to access than the guild banker.

12. apollo

apollo Protector of Zek

Yeah I should clarify a couple of things

1) I'm not a GM, a Dev, or anything resembling one so my post was more just a suggestion than anything. I have no way of issuing bans myself even if this is what ends up happening. My opinions here have no actual weight or bearing on the resulting implementations beyond encouraging conversation & providing info where possible.
    2) "Soft Bans" Very much so. I'm not here thinking people are vindictively AFKing their armies in PoK, so if this gets worked in somehow, "punishment and preventing play" should be a minor consideration if any. My focus was to help "encourage" people to find another spot to AFK (or to log off a majority of their toons if they ARE going AFK; personally I don't think one toon AFK for 8+ hours is really the issue here)
    3) A lot of Barbatos' suggestions are more "custom" additions that are certainly not "live-like". The argument could be made I suppose that for sustainability of regular play on PEQ that such a change could go in, but I think a simple & brief deterrent (roughly a 1-Day suspension was about where my mind was at when making the suggestion) could serve the purpose much more nicely utilizing the existing server rules. (As quoted above) I'm not a massive fan of custom additions just because people can't (or haven't, won't, don't know to...pick your verb) understand & respect other players.
    4) I'm on quite good terms with many (if not all) of the "habitual offenders" of this rule (being a PoK frequent-er myself), so I hope no one assumes that my gripe is personal in any way. There's just clearly a resulting issue that needs to be addressed, and the GM-solution previously (boot everyone periodically to Guild Hall) has caused its own subsequent issue(s). I think that the community here is good enough that we can collectively solve much of this problem without having to pull any of the GMs or Devs off of their current projects & responsibilities.
    5) TO ALL YOU MASSIVE BOX ARMIES (I've only got 12 myself, but I will heed my own advice here nonetheless): Your Bard(s), Monk(s), Berserker(s), Rogue(s), Necromancer(s)...can't even Buff people so there is literally NO REASON OR JUSTIFICATION to leave these classes logged in while AFK. Furthermore, if you run multiple tanks in your crew, those also are not necessary (I understand leaving 1 tank logged in if that's your Main whom you primarily chat/control from). I'm a fan of people being able to provide newbie buffs (and Max. Extended high level buffs) to players still working on Leveling/AA'ing their toons, but keep it reasonable. You don't need 5 clerics, 3 druids, and 3 shamans logged in for "Buffing Newbies" either. I posit that if every player who currently is bound in (and currently AFKs long-term in) PoK was logged on at once but only had a small skeleton crew for "buffs" that even then it wouldn't be a huge issue.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
  13. jdestef

jdestef Orc Centurion

Regarding AFKers in POK, I don't even care if you do, but for cryin out loud, do you have to AFK in the main run-path between lobby and POT stone? Just afk LITERALLY ANYWHERE ELSE IN POK and I would be 100% fine. We get it. You have a big crew with lots of shiny visibles. Yeah, you and everyone else on this server.

14. Drogerin

Drogerin GM Staff Member

We are discussing a fix for this, the instance cap Akkadius can look into for us. As far as PoK goes we’re thinking of just disconnecting you from the world after afk hits, this will encourage people to get in, and get out without disturbing other people that are playing. When we get this discussed we can see how this works.

• Like Like x 2
  15. acatu

acatu A Griffin

I'm an occasional offender of AFKing in Lobby I have no problem with the server disconnecting me if I end up AFK. Sometimes I don't know if the baby is going to let me come back or not :D

My only comment on the AFK disconnecting people would be to extend the afk time to 1.5 or 2 hours so people have a reasonable amount of time to eat lunch or whatever and come back without being kicked.

Also after some more thinking, we would probably need a server rule update that states that adding something to a macro to bypass the afk check would be some kind of violation. It would be easy enough for someone to add a no activity check into their macro then have it perform a keypress or etc.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.