Updated MQ2 Plugin List...?

Discussion in 'General MQ2' started by XavierOnasis, Dec 13, 2020.

1. XavierOnasis

XavierOnasis Orc Pawn

The other day I noticed MQ2Nav in my e3 folder and asked OOC about the accepted legality of it, as I've got the dumbest shaman and bard in existance and want to make their lives easier. I got answers varying from 'the approved thread is law' to 'allows auto-driving, therefore illegal' to 'it doesn't work with e3' to 'ask the forums, can't say for certain' but none of these came from staff (to my knowledge).

So, I went poking around. Below is the list of plugins that come in the E3_RoF2_7.zip that is in Creamo's setup thread, and pointed to from Barbatos's e3 guide. Green plugins are explicitly approved and listed. Blue plugins are implicitly approved as stock included MQ2 plugins via the MQ2 wiki. Yellow are appoved in the body of the thread, but not listed. Red are unmentioned in thread or wiki, but shipped in Creamo's zip.

MQ2AAPurchase
    MQ2AdvPath
    MQ2AutoAcceptTrades
    MQ2AutoGroup
    MQ2AutoLogin <--- lol
    MQ2Autotrade
    MQ2BagWindow
    MQ2Bandolier

MQ2BardSwap
    MQ2Bzsrch
    MQ2Camera
    MQ2Cast
    MQ2ChatWnd
    MQ2Clickoff
    MQ2Clip
    MQ2CpuLoad
    MQ2CustomBinds
    MQ2Debuffs
    MQ2EQBC
    MQ2EQBugFix
    MQ2EQIM

MQ2Events
    MQ2Exchange

MQ2Format
    MQ2FPS
    MQ2HUD
    MQ2Ic
    MQ2IniExt

MQ2Irc
    MQ2ItemDisplay
    MQ2Labels

MQ2LinkDB
    MQ2Main
    <--- lol
    MQ2MapLite
    MQ2Melee
    MQ2MoveUtils
    MQ2Nav
    MQ2NetAdvPath
    MQ2NetBots
    MQ2Netheal

MQ2Rez
    MQ2Showbonuses

MQ2Telnet
    MQ2TribSave
    MQ2Turbo

MQ2Twist
    MQ2VysLib
    MQ2XpTracker

So.

A - The stickied thread is clearly not law any more; it's at a minimum of 10 years from being current, and has an explicit suggestion to use MQ2Melee. Trades, Bando, Main, Login, and Link are notably missing.

B - Per the Server Rules thread, emphasis mine :
    The SmoothMoves function of e3 provides the same form of cross-zone auto-driving, and is allowed with the warning to not abuse it.

C - I'll defer to Barbatos on the operability. I haven't loaded it, I don't know the hows or whys of it not working yet.

So.

Per the Server Rules thread, emphasis mine :
    Creamo's listed as a staff GM. It's his loadout that's most widely available to folks joining here. My reading is that all the plugins distributed that way are approved, as long as they're not used to break the server rules.

Can we get an updated plugin list reflecting that, or barring that, take out the recommendation for MQ2Melee?

Let me try to help my shaman and bard. They are so stupid.

2. CE2JRH

CE2JRH Orc Warlord

I was chatting with an older PEQ player and he was saying that MQ2autologin was banned because people could instantly log in armies, and that was considered too much of an advantage, and the people using it are skirting the rules and risking getting banned. No idea how serious he was about that, cause I'm new here, but I'm not using it for the time being. Logging in 24 manually only takes 3-4 minutes.

3. Drogerin

Drogerin GM Staff Member

Auto login was likely not allowed back then because server couldn’t handle all the people logging in at once. The hardware were on can allow 900+ loggin in at once and not even hiccup once.

4. CE2JRH

CE2JRH Orc Warlord

So...is it allowed now then? Sorry if I'm being obtuse, but I can't tell 100% from your answer.

5. Zyrek

Zyrek Orc Pawn

Most people use some type of auto login whether its scripts or MQ2 plugin logging in 54 manually sucks

6. CE2JRH

CE2JRH Orc Warlord

Huh. I'm used to servers with more strict rules sets.

Edit: Drogerin just confirmed in OOC that everything that ships with this MQ2 build is legal to use, and the plug in list isn't up to date.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
  7. chance

chance Enraged War Boar

Like 10 years ago.. The autologin issue on peq was more about people scripting to load up armies on an event like a time or npc pop. (sometimes to auto farm items, othertimes to intentionally kill triggers and prevent others from accomplishing goals, or just let the computer do everything while you slept)

8. chance

chance Enraged War Boar

Mq2nav doesn't work right now

Mq2melee can conflict with e3
    Mq2rez can conflict with e3

Mq2linkdb is needed by e3
    Mq2iniext is needed by e3

Mq2cpuload conflicts with the eqaffinity batch file.

There is a post somewhere....
    XP trackers, log readers, and DPS parsers were all welcomed for hard numbers for comparison . Multiple names of those plugins were listed on the post. Those are beneficial for the overall project for people to gather accurate information.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021