[Bug, Feature Request or Mental Note] e3 sometimes confuses two spells with the same name

Discussion in 'E3' started by Tharsis, Dec 13, 2021.

1. Tharsis

Tharsis Orc Legionnaire

The other day in /ooc, someone had a problem with "Talisman of Celerity" (spellid 3391) and "Talisman of Celerity I" (spellid 38062). /tell Shaman Talisman of Celerity would try to cast the latter and not the former. The solution was to manually edit the spell file and remove spellid 38062.

For SKs, there is a similar issue. Voice of Thule spell versus Voice of Thule AA. Using the exact same bot ini, e3 will sometimes cast one and sometimes cast the other.

I scanned e3_begforbuffs.ini. It's setup to only use spellname, not spellid.

I also scanned e3_Utilities.inc -> BuildSpellArray(). It's setup to only use spellname, not spellid. It's also setup to check SpellBook first, AAs second.

Before I go mucking about in e3 internals, does anyone know the history of why e3 never uses spellid? Or have a solution to this already?

2. Remi

Remi Orc Pawn

a temporary fix: /casting "Talisman of Celerity" or /casting "Talisman of Celerity I"