Combat abilities/spells..etc

Discussion in 'E3' started by Mrwillymo, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Mrwillymo

Mrwillymo Orc Pawn

Im sure it is in the forums and i just cant find it or am searching for the wrong phrase. But ive got 2 questions.
    1. How do i get melee characters, such as zerker, to use his combat abilities(i.e. frenzy) whilst fighting on my monk(and is it possible to see the cooldown)? Do i just need a macro for using kick with a /bct //useability frenzy tied to it?

2. Is there a list somewhere of commands such as /dotson and /playmelody? Im slowly getting a feel for mq2 but i hate asking questions non stop in game and distracting others from being able to play.

2. Drogerin

Drogerin GM Staff Member

you can set up your abilities under the Melee Abilities in your INI, if you need to, you can reference how they should be set up by looking at the samples files ( hint: you can change names of those files to the classes of that character so you can view them quicker later), once you set these up your character will do them automatically when they become available.

/alias list will give you a list of all the commands you can use, most of them are self-explanatory on what hey do, but if you need more indepth answers asking in ooc can help explain what more complex commands do.

3. Mrwillymo

Mrwillymo Orc Pawn

Yea in the ini it had me set frenzy for instance and i set it the way the sample ini for one of the berserkers did. I just didn't see where it said what the /command was to use the abilities. And i looked in the /alias but may have just missed it since it shows over 100 commands. Ill check tomorrow.

4. Drogerin

Drogerin GM Staff Member

The command to use any abilities set in the INI whether melee attacks or spells is issued automatically on /assiston or /assistme

5. Mrwillymo

Mrwillymo Orc Pawn

So to reuse one on a timer you just do assist key again? Such as kick or bash? Or should they be auto using them?

6. Drogerin

Drogerin GM Staff Member

They will keep using them, make sure to have those abilities on your bars.

7. Mrwillymo

Mrwillymo Orc Pawn

Hrm ill have to check in the morning to see if a typo or not on the bar then. I noticed after a 2-3 levels frenzy had not skilled up any on my zerker. Maybe this is why.

8. mistwalker

mistwalker Orc Pawn

You have to have a hot key in the ACTIONS deal, where your sit button, camp button reside, on the combat page, or ctrl+c and make hot keys or it wont work.

9. Mrwillymo

Mrwillymo Orc Pawn

Figured it out. I apparently had kick and frenzy on the bar. Even though kick isnt in the ini(that i noticed), they shared a cooldown. When i removed kick from the bar, he started using frenzy. Before i removed kick, neither was being used.