E3 Buffing

Discussion in 'E3' started by Kraszus, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Kraszus

Kraszus Orc Pawn

Just started with PEQ today playing a Shaman and am running E3 with a boxed Cleric, Warrior and Enchanter. I've got all the boxed toons to follow me after having read the E3 guide but the cleric will only cast buffs if i manually cast a buff with her first, then it seems she will refresh. She just won't initiate fresh buffs. Is this by design? Bot Buff=Courage/Brasidas/Gem|8

2. eonEQemu

eonEQemu Froglok Krup Watcher

make sure to use /mac e3 on any toon you update their ini for. (you probably do that). You can use example ini/buffs from the E3 guide to see if there is anything you are missing. post your ini if it still isn't working. Does Enc buff ok?

3. Kraszus

Kraszus Orc Pawn

They're all only level 1 for now but aye..the Enchanter self buffs ok. (She only has 2 spells thus far hehe)

4. Hive

Hive Froglok Krup Watcher

Bot Buff=Courage/Brasidas/Gem|8

This line will buff that one bot with that buff ONLY out of combat. If you are in combat it will not buff (by design). It should work when out of combat. Use Combat Buff= lines to cast buffs while in combat
    I can not explain it, but for lower level spells I have had problems using /Gem|# and also other tags. Try to keep your buff lines super simple. So for now I'd just change it to
    Bot Buff=Courage/Brasidas
    Also gem 8 is by default the "change slot" (I forget what it's actually called). If a character needs to load a spell that they don't currently have memmed they will do it in slot 8. So try not to use /Gem|8 (unless you manually changed that default gem) Having conflicting gem #s can be a problem at any stage of the game and make a character confused, constantly sitting and memming, then standing to cast, but interrupting the cast to sit and mem...loop.