E3 Wont Start

Discussion in 'E3' started by Merstin, May 3, 2022.

1. Merstin

Merstin Orc Centurion

Hi All,
    Had random issue where one day E3 would not run. I would get the error #Bind command something something /StopFollow in red text and nothing

1st reinstalled mq2 from the 1st post link. Worked fine then i notices a few things like /rtz not working. I figured out it was still running E3 V6. I went to github, downloaded the master file and copied that over. My issue returned, same error. Downloaded fresh ROF2, started over with fresh mq2 and updated the master macro file from github. Same stinking issue.

Ended up going to my backup and I am working fine for now but any ideas? Did I miss some step?

2. Merstin

Merstin Orc Centurion

I found the line giving me the error output. It is from e3_basics, and that 1st snipit is the exact error I see. Though i compared my working basics file to the master file and they are exact.

Code:
    #bind StopFollowing /StopFollowing
    Code:
    |- Disengages follow on bots who are in the same zone as the ChatSender.      -|
    |- Use, /stop, in  /group, or /bc.                                                        -|
    |----------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    #bind StopFollowing /StopFollowing
    SUB Bind_StopFollowing(yLoc,xLoc)
      /if (${Stick.Active} || ${NetAdvPath.Following} || ${Following}) {
        /if (${Stick.Active}) /squelch /stick off
        /if (${NetAdvPath.Following}) /squelch /netfollow off
        /call MoveToLoc ${yLoc} ${xLoc} 20 20
        /varset FollowTarget
        /varset Following FALSE
      }
    /if (!${BuffCheck}) /squelch /varset BuffCheck TRUE
    /return

3. Tharsis

Tharsis Orc Legionnaire

MQ2 Wiki reference to #bind

I don't recall the exact error you had. Could you post it?

SUB Bind_StopFollowing(yLoc,xLoc) ... appears to be the sub triggered upon /stopf or /stopfollow. From the e3 guide:
    Code:
    I’m Special:

/stopf (This makes all characters end up within 10 units of the location of the calling bot at the time he called it. you CANNOT use this with /only or /not)

it does not send a message to MQ2ChatWnd, if you want visual feedback add it in your Hotkey. I.e:

[Hotkey Stop]

line 1: /stopf

line 2: /echo \ar Stop    
    To troubleshoot:
    Commend out the #bind line. Does MQ2 work normally? Does e3 work normally? Does the /stopf command work?

4. Merstin

Merstin Orc Centurion

yeah let me load everything up later after my gaming session and get the exact error.

5. louis1010

louis1010 Orc Pawn

6. Merstin

Merstin Orc Centurion

can you post the exact error? I know its something like "command
    #bind StopFollowing /StopFollowing not found"

7. Tharsis

Tharsis Orc Legionnaire

My version of e3 has exactly three instances of #bind

Code:
    e3_Basics.inc (1 hit)
       Line 94: #bind StopFollowing /StopFollowing
      e3_Classes_Cleric.inc (1 hit)
       Line 192: #bind otherRezzing /RezzingCorpseID
      e3_Cures.inc (1 hit)
       Line 123: #bind CastingRadiantCure /CastingRadiantCure
    Test..... Comment out the first one, in e3_Basics.inc.

Do you now get an error about #bind otherRezzing? If so, comment out that line and run e3. Do you now get an error about #bind CastingRadiantCure? If so, then your version of MQ2 does not support the #bind command. If not..... beats me.

8. Merstin

Merstin Orc Centurion

both my working version and non working version have the same #bind commands the one freshly downloaded along with mq2 link in the 1st post of the E3 macro and the github master-macro. something is off or corrupted. Did you try a fresh download of both and test? I reinstalled windows (it was time) and did nothing else other than add DX9, redownload mq2 and macro from e3 post and updated github macro.

9. Tharsis

Tharsis Orc Legionnaire

The link in the first post of the E3 forums - the link that says e3 7.0 - points to the download for e3 6.0. Use the link found in the e3 google doc guide as it points to the e3 7.0.

10. Merstin

Merstin Orc Centurion

yeah that's good to know I will test it. What about people new that just follow the post.