Heal Chain

Discussion in 'E3' started by Honch, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Honch

Honch Orc Centurion

So i have been trying to set this up recently on E3 with not much success. I first tried with 6.2 version and got as far as building the chain, setting the tank which all worked fine. Started the chain and maybe the first few CHs would work but then it would break down saying "Well shit chain has broken down..."

So I figured I would try e3 v7 to see if that changes anything and this time it breaks down before a single CH is cast..

Anyone get this to work or have any advice?

Would be interested to hear the exact order of commands people use for their chain as the one in the E3 help guide seem a little off

2. Drogerin

Drogerin GM Staff Member

The easiest way ive found for using CH chain is to not use CH chain.

3. Athrogate

Athrogate GM Staff Member

Not sure the CH chains were ever fixed to work properly within e3. There is a seprate CH mac to run when you really need a chain. It is distributed with Cremo's v7.

4. Zimger

Zimger Orc Pawn

I use it with 6.2 no problem. Assuming you have 'join heal chain on/off=On' in at least 2 cleric INI's (I use 4), here are the three hotbuttons I use to Build Chain, Start Chain, Stop Chain.

BUILD CHAIN
    /rs build heal chain
    /pause 20
    /rs set tanks NAME,NAME,NAME
    /pause 20
    /rs set timing 3s

START CHAIN
    /rs start chain

STOP CHAIN
    /rs stop chain

Some confusion out there because the readme file Diveus posted a while back talks about using channels. It only works with /rs.

I've only really used it for the Mastery of Endurance trial, but in my experience the chain breaks down immediately if you don't let the healers go through a few cycles first (before engage). They start to do other things, like quick heals or combat actions, that interrupts it. If one of them lands a heal before you've gathered a decent amount of aggro it's also pretty much a given that the baddie will rush your cleric cluster and interrupt someone, breaking the chain.

Start the chain, let it cycle through each cleric at least 1x, and then pull with Mock/Bazu Bellow. Having it work for 20 straight minutes my first endurance win was crazy nerve-wrecking!

5. Hive

Hive Froglok Krup Watcher

That's pretty cool. Do you always use 12s/#ofClerics for the set timing?

6. Zimger

Zimger Orc Pawn

I do leave it at 3 second intervals with 4 clerics for the most part, yes. I could add more clerics and speed up the heals, but, at least for me, the additional 3 clerics I run are better served raid healing with my shaman and druids.

Still figuring out my own solo strategy for Jelvan event in anguish, and thats the only time I felt 2 seconds might be warranted (tanking all 3 nameds on 1 warrior). My downfall there isnt being able to survive 3 at once, but rather gathering their aggro quick enough to keep them from interrupting the CH chain. The few times I did manage to get aggro, and keep the chain alive, I dipped lower than normally comfortable with. Something has always gone wrong though and I havent quite got that event down.

Warden Hanvar eludes me due to dps challenges, but I could have easily moved the rotation to 4/5 seconds.