pet buffing?

Discussion in 'E3' started by Debug, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Debug

Debug Orc Pawn

Hello all you EQ Guru's, question: Is there a way to setup buffs in your e3 .ini files to have pets buffed?

A related question is how to target another players pets?

I'd like to setup my Shaman to buff all of the pets in my group (Sk, Shaman, Mage).
    Is there a way to:
    Bot Buff=Health/Yerko/Gem|6

But on pet, so it's something like (this doesn't work):
    Bot Buff=Health/Yerko-pet/Gem|6

A work around would be if there was a way I could use a /bct /casting command, but not sure how to target another players pet either.

How are you all buffing your mage/shaman/necro/sk pets?

2. eonEQemu

eonEQemu Froglok Krup Watcher

From E3 guide
    for Group Buff= in your INI
    /BuffPet (All bots with Group Buffs listed in their Bot Inis will cast those buffs on your target's pet.

3. Drogerin

Drogerin GM Staff Member

eventually you'll get pet affinity which will auto buff the pets once the player gets buffed, for the meantime you can target the pet and use the command /buffit and it will use your group buffs.

4. Debug

Debug Orc Pawn

Hey All,

Thanks! Will experiment with this tonight (of major interest to me now since I'm adding mages into the mix on second group). Will buffit work with single target buffs? Also, how do you actually macro targetting another players pets? Or is that a manual click on pet to target?

Re group buffs, those are the buffs that are not single target, but affect teh entire group, is that right? WIll that work with single target buffs?
    I guess this gets sorted out at higher levels, but at my current level (35 on primary group, 20 on new group working on), it's an issue.

Ah, also, I was talking with somebody last night, and it turns out I was able to send "pet weapons" to their mage, and it auto summoned pet gear AND gave it to my pet. Haven't tried that yet, but was VERY Cool. Are there special settings in the .ini file needed for this? Anybody have a clip of their mages .ini file that has this setup detail? Actually, I would very much like to see an example .ini file of a mage (particularly a lower level, say 30), or a Shaman/buffing class .ini, that showed some detail on how pets were handled/addressed?

5. Drogerin

Drogerin GM Staff Member

Look in the samples folder, find a mage, and replace what they have with the spells you have available in your INI.
    /dpw is the command to do it after you've entered your INI correctly.

As far as pet buffs like I said, most people will get Pet Affinity which will buff your pet when your player gets buffed with group buffs, but no one is going to have any single target buffs simply for their pets, you can probably get away with casting those manually for the time being.

6. eonEQemu

eonEQemu Froglok Krup Watcher

"how do you actually macro targetting another players pets?"

you can have the pet owner /xtar # if their pet is setup in their extended targeting window (Buy all the extra AAs - they are free), then just use a pause and get the target from the owner. You may have to temporarily stop buffing (so they don't switch targets)

ex:
    /bct PetOwner //xtar 13
    /pause 1
    /assist
    /pause 1
    /buffit