Redemption

Discussion in 'E3' started by hudge, Apr 24, 2022.

1. hudge

hudge Orc Centurion

Getting really sick of seeing this. I keep getting an error saying
    <ShadowKnight> [Redemption] : Redemption i do not have this spell|aa|ability|disc|item accessible
    <Ranger> [Redemption] : Redemption i do not have this spell|aa|ability|disc|item accessible
    <Cleric> [Redemption] : Redemption i do not have this spell|aa|ability|disc|item accessible
    Yes I've changed the toon names to their class to protect the stupid :p
    It started off with just the cleric doing it and now has spread to other toons. And it's not always the same toons. it varies toons and number of toons, but usually 2 - 3. I have done a search on all my toons ini files and there is not a "Redemption" showing up anywhere so not exactly sure what MQ2 is reading and throwing up the error. Hell SK's don't even get a spell, ability or disc called redemption so it would never of been typed into his ini.
    Any help would be appreciated. I'd post the ini's but remember reading somewhere that doing so is not allowed. /shrug

2. clippy

clippy A Griffin

It's a bug with e3 looking if you have the pal epic Redemption and being confused over your inventory holding a Word of Redemption.

The bug is fixed a few years ago in e3, you just need to update.

So, Either

A) Delete the Word of Redemption from inventory

or

B) Update to new e3 from https://github.com/cream24/Macros, instructions here: https://tinyurl.com/chance650 under "E3 UPDATES + BUGFIXES"

or

C) Fix your copy of e3 with a small edit:

Open e3_Assist.inc and find the line

Code:
    /if (${FindItemCount[Redemption]}) /varset EpicName Redemption

Change it to look like this:

Code:
    /if (${FindItemCount[=Redemption]}) /varset EpicName Redemption

3. hudge

hudge Orc Centurion

As I didn't have any words of Redemption on me and downloading a new version of E3 sounded to complicated and would of kept me out of the game too long. I used method C and edited my copy of E3_Assist.inc and so far seems to have done the trick, Cheers, much appreciated :)

• Like Like x 1