Server Update 11/21/2018

Discussion in 'News' started by Akkadius, Nov 21, 2018.

By Akkadius on Nov 21, 2018 at 11:13 AM
  1. Akkadius

Akkadius Administrator Staff Member

Greetings PEQ!

With our 800-900 population count as of recent I've bumped up some server resources with a little bit more memory allocated to PEQ. We've also bumped up the amount of dynamic zones (100) so we should run into that a little less frequently as well.

NPC Movement Overhaul

Recently, we landed massive changes to pathing logic with NPC's that took a while to iron out but it has been an immensely positive addition to the EQEmu server core. With that, it's made us realize how much some related functionality needed to be addressed and that involves NPC movement logic. We've been needing to address NPC movement logic for years as it has been fragmented and inconsistent all over the code which has made fixing actual movement related issues a nightmare. There are many other technical things that we can go into about it but the important part is that it is much improved! Special thanks to KLS for putting in a lot of work to make this happen
    • NPC's should now smoothly path between source and destination, rather than "skipping" all over the place between path points and sending sometimes several position updates, there should only be one update until NPC changes heading or speed
    • NPC pathing during flee and fear should be far improved
    • NPC pathing inside of water should be far improved
    • NPC transitions between water and land should now be seamless
    • NPC transitions over verticals (hills) should be smoother as well
    • NPC "Stuck" logic during path finding should be improved
    As usual, if you find any issues regarding this update, please post them in this thread and we will address them

Thanks!

The PEQ Team

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Akkadius, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Ridiculous
      Ridiculous
      Thank you for your efforts!
    2. chance
      chance
      HOH + Stairs a few ups and down .. stuff gets stuck in floors and walls.
      If the puller dies = your entire train that did the stairs with you will not path back

Barindu - Corn Fields get npc's stuck in them. I tried to attack one with pet and pull it back. My pet couldn't come out of corn either.
    3. chance
      chance
      PAW - Some guild mates were saying the runners are pulling most of zone again in PAW. Haven't confirmed myself.

Multiple zones: NPC's camping corpses now.
    4. YirranPEQ
      YirranPEQ
      OOT cyclops isle
      Mobs pathing under world apparently (disappear, then appear a bit later elsewhere).
      Mobs stopping for a few seconds when chasing to attack.
      Mobs not facing you when when fighting.
      All the above happen occasionally, 1 in 20ish kills

Quaq Maelstrom is now static, he doesn't roam.
      Mobs are camping corpses.
    5. chance
      chance
      Tipt - Between Trap 1 ( Cragbeasts) & Trap 2 ( undead) ... The pather doesn't path anymore
    6. jeet
      jeet
      Mobs on the upper level pf Plane of Valor seem to get confused with the hills. I pulled mobs to the keep stairs and they'd start to run back toward Aerin'Dar, they'd eventually get to me at the stairs but they took the long way round.
    7. jeet
      jeet
      Aerin'Dar falls under world when engaged. Takes a holiday somewhere outside his area and resets as agro is lost.

Edit... On the second attempt he fell into his pit and summoned me this time. The first time he simply wandered off underground.
      Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
    8. chance
      chance
      POV - I farmed that area outside of AD lair a few hours for Rogue 1.5 drops. Like Jeet said - They run away and disappear underground. They will eventually come back if you stay in the field instead of going to stairs. Once you hit the stairs with them under ground they just ignore you and get lost under world somewhere until you return to field.
    9. Ridiculous
      Ridiculous
      Can confirm mob camping corpses. Had several in HoH never path back after FD. Was able to work around them but they remained for about 90 mins while I was in zone.
    10. chance
      chance
      Innovation - Nitram would constantly get stuck and not able to complete his path. Often under ground.

RSS - Chailak was camping corpses at zonein. No pathing back

All over - Was able to pull mega huge trains since stuff is taking forever to forget me now unfortunately if i go up a small hill they get lost and can't find me.
    11. Ridiculous
      Ridiculous
      Some mobs get in camp and when they change targets they do not attack. They simply wait to get attacked again. Found this very common with a charmed mob whose charm wore off. They would sit and just wait to be recharmed. I had not reset E3 and they stayed in camp, no aggro for about 20 mins.
    12. chance
      chance
      Qvic - Ptav M'sha ... gets stuck in north of Cyno area .. and stops pathing
    13. jeet
      jeet
      While powerleveling some new toons in Lower Guk, I would pull frogs with my 70 bard, get aggro, and I would stuff him in the corner in bedroom to avoid getting pushed around. After a few moments, some of the frogs would stop swinging at him, even though he had full aggro. If I 'd move the bard slightly they would re-engage and start swinging at him again.
    14. Akkadius
      Akkadius
      As of server reboot morning of 11/25/2018, the following issues should be addressed
      • Rotation in combat should be resolved
      • Some logic has been adjusted that should help under-worlding/ghosting
      NPC's camping corpses we need more reproduction and data regarding (where, how, when)
    15. YirranPEQ
      YirranPEQ
      OOT Cyclops isle, still showing mobs disappearing under world, Sad part is one showed up at camp site along shore and killed my bard without any damage messages or warnig till I got the msg in mq that he had died. after evac when I returned he was standing there above ground camping the corpse. but, he wasn't really there, when I tried to pull with arrow, nothing. When I walked up to him and tried to attack, msg said out of range but he was right next to me. So things are still a bit buggy. Mob is still showing standing there as I type this msg.
    16. Akkadius
      Akkadius
      More changes going in this next reboot that should take care of ghosting and any remaining flee issues
    17. Ridiculous
      Ridiculous
      Thanks Akkadius! Your efforts are truly appreciated.
    18. Vexcid
      Vexcid
      Can confirm. Its fairly easy to reproduce, just mass pull the island to 1 spot and at least a few will port under the world. I had already uploaded a video so I figured I would post it here anyway in case the problem persists after the reboot:

3 mins in is where all mobs are dead from the pull except the few that remain under the world. Apologies for the 0fps segments as I was tabbing between clients and shadowplay seems to record one client only.
    19. Akkadius
      Akkadius
      Underworld still recognized as a current problem, I think it is the only outstanding issue we have remaining.

Will post an update when we have more info

Only thing delaying us right now is the business week, but as soon as we have a fix I will post