GUIDE: Best Buffs by Level & AA Buylists by Class

Discussion in 'General' started by apollo, Mar 7, 2020.

1. apollo

apollo Protector of Zek

No, it's a Buff Window buff and not Song Window, so the insturments won't do anything. It's just a stackable clicky

2. apollo

apollo Protector of Zek

3. apollo

apollo Protector of Zek

Updated some specifics under [Buff Blocking] on the wisdom of using Balikor/Steeloak/Valiance instead of Hand of Conviction and reorganized some existing stuff (OCD-style) to help it flow better and be more understandable since it's stickied.

4. Hive

Hive Froglok Krup Watcher

I could swear this gets affected by singing mod.

EDIT: Just tested, the click is indeed modified by singing.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  5. apollo

apollo Protector of Zek

I had some more requests for things to add to this post, but a lot of it has already been covered by other people in other posts.

Rather than quoting or re-stating everything, or having someone sticky tons of random posts, I'll just be including links (as I locate them) at the top of this Original post for any New Players who are interested.

6. apollo

apollo Protector of Zek

Updated to include a buylist (prioritized) for each class. There's a few that aren't done yet, and as always suggestions or things I've missed are appreciated comments to this thread.

7. Hive

The second rank increases it too?

8. apollo

apollo Protector of Zek

I am unsure as I failed to check before purchasing on my Bards (which was years ago anyway).

My Bard songs have a Duration of 23sec when they land with both Ranks of Extended Ingenuity. If someone wants to check that against a Bard with only 1 rank, feel free to post the results (I'm curious too, there's kind of strange AA functionality at work here to begin with)

9. apollo

apollo Protector of Zek

I *think* the Necromancer AA Build is done, but I'd love for someone to error check it.

I do not have any of the following classes (BST, MAG, NEC) AA'd to a point where I can ensure that they have maximum ranks, so it's taking me a bit of digging around to research.

10. clippy

clippy A Griffin

NEC: Mastery of the Past 2 AA makes Sedulous Subversion impossible to fizzle

11. apollo

apollo Protector of Zek

Updated for this, good catch!

12. Dhartanyan

Dhartanyan Orc Pawn

Thanks Apollo and others for contributions, this is great stuff.

Does the BsT buff Feracity of Irionu have any use ? I know it can be cast outside the group and it does stack with Shaman Champion.
    -Sta 52
    -ATK 187
    -All Resists 65

13. apollo

apollo Protector of Zek

Yep, thanks!

Sorting all this data (also not running one of every class) I'm bound to miss things. Original post updated!

14. Hive

Another addition for your max lvl buffs list.

Enc: Mana Flare - Cast on caster dps only. Proc buff for your casters, must be in group. IIRC there is a wiz familiar that will not stack (I think it's the fire one)
    Mage : Circle of Fireskin - Should be cast on tanks and cast instead of Legacy of Nettles from dru.

15. apollo

apollo Protector of Zek

Awesome, added these. Thank you!

I also went through and added in the actual #s for all of the listed Buffs (rather than just their effects & slots). I feel this might illustrate more clearly how best to set one's Buff Blocking (having the raw data all right there for comparisons)

I also edited the Berserker AA Buylist to reflect all of the things you'll need in order to perform an optimized Fullburn with them (You can Stack ALL of the following for massive zerker burns: Untamed Rage + Blood Pact + Savage Spirit + Intensity of the Resolute Vet AA + Cleaving Rage Discipline; or w/e your choice of disc is at the end)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  16. apollo

apollo Protector of Zek

Beastlord AA Buylist is (tentatively) done.

As always please let me know if I've left anything off.

17. apollo

apollo Protector of Zek

I'm running into a roadblock determining AA Priorities for MAG.

If anyone runs a MAG in their main raid crew and can either PM me on the Forums here or shoot me a /tell in-game, I'd really appreciate it. I have some nit-picky questions about certain AA's as well as optimal burn setups & such. I can find .inis easy enough but that doesn't really tell the whole story (at least, not for my purposes here).

Thanks in advance if someone can help!

18. apollo

apollo Protector of Zek

I edited the section on [Max Level Buffs] & added in the 4 Melee Discipline Buffs for BER/MNK/ROG/WAR since they stack with everything and can be kept up all the time similar to a normal Spell buff.

I feel like it helps highlight the value & advantages of adding diversity to DPS rather than going for mono-class "deathsquad" style groups in this era of Everquest. For instance: I've stated it elsewhere, on posts and in-game, but the Cry Havoc buff alone justifies making a Berserker for a Box Crew, even though they require more AA's to increase damage on overall and are out-parsed (not severely, but regularly) by Rogues and Wizards and the like.

There is simply NO DPS setup which can compare to one which utilizes Cry Havoc/Fists of Wu/Thief's Eyes (each) on the Melee portion in addition to the Standard Buff complement(s).

Commanding Voice from Warrior doesn't add to party DPS, but it's a nice effect regardless and so I included that in as well since it similarly stacks with all other Buffs/Disciplines/Abilities/AA's.

19. apollo

apollo Protector of Zek

Added a section on Melee Aggro calculations just underneath ***MAX LEVEL INFO*** that might further help in determining optimal buffs for each class (as well as gear/AA choices & priorities).

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Tuono72

Tuono72 Orc Pawn

tnx apollo.. finaly i understood why when i started my group with berserker i was almost unable to taunt from him even when was the worst dps by far (low skill at begin an almost all misses)!