GUIDE: Best Buffs by Level & AA Buylists by Class

Discussion in 'General' started by apollo, Mar 7, 2020.

1. apollo

apollo Protector of Zek

Yes, it's due to Berserker's Frenzy ability, which is on a Kick-like timer, but is instead 1-3 swings (random each use it seems) with equipped Primary Weapon at reduced damage (there's Blur of Axes AA that will increase Frenzy Damage, but it uses equipped weapon as a calc still I believe).

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  2. Hive

Hive Froglok Krup Watcher

Volley also adds a ridiculous amount of aggro.

3. apollo

apollo Protector of Zek

Yep, that's not until later levels though. Even at level 1 Berserker's crank out a high amount of aggro though due to Frenzy. Once you start in with Frenzy and Rage/Destroyer's Volley it's definitely more intense, but by then you've also (hopefully) got a tank with decent aggro weapon(s) and Taunt skill to compensate some.

4. apollo

apollo Protector of Zek

Added in Barbatos' Gear-Up page to the list at the top, and made some other changes/clarifications to other parts of the original post.

5. Skream

Skream Orc Legionnaire

My berserker doesn't seem to have the Strikethrough AA?

6. apollo

apollo Protector of Zek

Erm, I have no answer here except to say it probably got left in there by mistake while I was grabbing sections to Copy/Paste while organizing the classes. Removed from the Berserker list; good catch thanks!

7. Neopolitan

Neopolitan Orc Pawn

Wonderful stuff Apollo!

8. apollo

apollo Protector of Zek

Updated some of the links at the top, corrected/adjusted some formatting in places for easier clarifications, and added in Trials of Mata Muram rk.6 to the [Survival Set] in the AA Buylists to reflect the maximum-attainable Resist Cap.

9. Skream

Skream Orc Legionnaire

Persistent Minion 1 on Beastlord (and Mage, Necro etc) requires Suspended Minion 2. It only makes any suspended pet persists across zoning.
    Did you miss the Suspended 2 requirement or did you think that Persistent Minion made the main pet persist across zoning? I am not sure if e3 supports suspended pets tbh. Just a small thing I noticed while adding some AA to my BST.

10. apollo

apollo Protector of Zek

I can't find a good answer here other than to speculate that it was late when I did up the list & may have just mis-read something (or missed dropping it off a list somewhere when I was going thru them all in-game).

I'm removing it from all pet class Buylists, but I'll add it back in if functionality for suspended pets changes at some point.

11. apollo

apollo Protector of Zek

It also turns out I'd neglected to include Gift of Mana 3 for healer class Buylists. (Thanks again Binka for spotting that one).

Had it in there for INT casters, but not WIS casters; it's equally beneficial on each and is now ranked in with the rest of the AAs in each Buylist.

12. apollo

apollo Protector of Zek

Added a link to the loot database I use(d) for gearing up my guys, did a couple other typo corrections/clarifications in response to some questions I'd gotten.

Couple things on the Loot Finder:

The loot database is not 100% ideal since it does contain out-of-era stuff & you may need to check that certain things do indeed drop on PEQ (Even using the Source search filter, since some stuff was added in retroactively), but nevertheless it is still extremely useful. You can try playing around with the Level Cap in search parameters & that'll at least help narrow things down by era for you.

For lower-level characters trying to exclude out-of-era items, you can also try searching only for Aug Slot 7 armor (or Slot 4 for pre-raid weapons) and that'll greatly limit what shows (it still may not be 100% however)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
  13. chance

chance Enraged War Boar

Apollo, can you add in the eqitems.com link for a second loot finder. Never hurts to have a few resources .

14. apollo

apollo Protector of Zek

Yep, done.

15. chance

chance Enraged War Boar

edit.projecteq.net/spells_us.txt. This points to the server projecteq.net spell file

16. kosmoss

kosmoss Orc Pawn

Great Guide, on Shaman essential AAs you should add Mental Clarity 3 as it is needed for Cannibalization AA.

17. apollo

apollo Protector of Zek

Yeah, I wasn't super-worried about including all of the Prerequisites for each one, it was quite a project as it was and so I just skipped that bit. I'm sure there's other examples elsewhere in there which are similar.

My figuring was that the list was intended for those who don't know where best to put their AA points, so anyone reading the list and attempting to purchase one would by default realize they need Prereq's first.

I'll add it in for SHM and others as they get found, but I have no real intention to go through and ensure that it's taken care of for each listed AA. If someone wants to point out areas where it's important (such as not max'ing out Combat Fury on Tanks; only obtaining the required amounts to purchase more valuable ones...or Necro with Mastery of the Past only as high as is required for No-Fizzle mana dumps) then I'll update it as I have time.

I'm glad you found it helpful, thanks for the input!

18. Remi

Remi Orc Pawn

Thanks for the guide!

19. acatu

acatu A Griffin

20. kosmoss

kosmoss Orc Pawn

since this guide cover most you need to get in form off AAs buffs and clickys here is short list of instruments for bards to look for
    as far as i know these are best mods you can get on PEQ.

Doomfire, the Burning Lands: Blaring Horn of Fire [Brass 25]
    Txevu Raid Event: Ancient Cragbeast Matriarch: Lizard Skin Wardrums [Percussion 27]
    Txevu Raid Event: High Priest Nkosi Bakari (Key #2): Lute of False Worship [String 28]
    Yxtta, Pulpit of Exiles: Muramite Fife of Battle [Wind 22]